Algorius Net Viewer Manual | Password Manager
Password manager maintains the list of logins. Each login has a name, user name and password. Name also used as the login identifier. Logins can be used for automatic authorization on various network devices.
Password manager considers following aspects:
- Security. All passwords are encrypted with high security level and are available for current OS user only. Microsoft RSA Crypto Provider is used for encryption. Encryption key is stored in the special protected Windows repository and is available for current OS user only. Size of RSA key depends on Windows version and usually equals to 1024 bit. The same way is used to store all passwords which are specified in Algorius Net Viewer settings: for e-mail notifications, Web access etc. If file with application settings is transferred to another machine, then all passwords should be set again due to security reasons.
- Multiuser support. Several users can use different logins for the same network map. Moreover, passwords and user names for authorization on devices are not stored in the maps. Maps store only login names (identifiers) to enhance the security.
- Convenience. All passwords and usernames are specified in application settings in one single place. It is possible to assign the same login for different devices. You can specify which login to use for different devices. Group Operations feature allows making that for several devices on different maps. There is default login, which can be used for devices with no login specified.
To configure Password Manager, select File→Options from the main window menu, or press the Options button on the toolbar or press F9. The Options dialog box will appear. Select Logins tab:
Following elements are available:
- Logins for WMI, Inventory, commands — list of all logins with their name and user name. Name of login also serves as its identifier and can be used in device editor. A default login is used for devices without a login.
- Add — create new password profile.
- Edit — edit the selected password profile.
- Delete — delete the selected password profile. Default profile can’t be deleted.
Logins can be used in the following areas:
- External commands. You can set user name and password in the configuration of external commands via %User% and %Password% macro. When a command for every device is launched, login is defined – if login includes user name and password then they are populated automatically, otherwise they are requested.
- WMI browser uses logins for automatic authorization on a device.
- URI and all WMI-based scanning methods use logins for automatic authorization on a device.
- Inventory uses logins for automatic authorization.